Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Dark Days Eat Local Challenge: Week 8, Bachelor Style

The kids and I were away last week, so we missed week 8 of the Dark Days challenge. Not to be outdone, however, my honey took up the gauntlet and created this bachelor-style local meal: steak and eggs. Gotta love him!

In the Dark Days spirit, however, I did travel with all homegrown food for my contribution to a potluck dinner and house concert hosted by the Lovejoy's down in South Carolina. I took a jar of my homemade green tomato chutney and 20 eggs to make deviled eggs for the crowd, which went in, oh, about 15 minutes I think! Love those eggs!

We'll be back on the ball this week for Dark Days week 9.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Ahem...

We'll just forgive him the PBR all the way from Milwaukee, since he was batchin' it and all. :)

Danielle said...

lol He's no purist, that's for sure. He gave me strict instructions that I was not to cut the pabst out of the photo.

Woody said...

At the very least it is a domestic...