Sunday, November 12, 2006

Food Blog

I've been inspired by all the delicious recipe posts and am trying to remember to take photos more often. Last week, I pulled out some pesto and oven dried tomatoes from my garden and sauteed them in olive oil with some garlic, coarse sea salt and pine nuts. Once done, I poured it all over cheese tortellini and served it with some homemade ciabatta bread. It was tasty, though the cheese tortellini weren't as tender as I would have liked. I miss having a place to purchase fresh pasta! I remember fondly the red pepper fettucine I used to be able to buy at DiSalvo's Pasta back in State College. Mmmmmm... Makes me almost crazy enough to want to buy that pasta attachment for my kitchenaid. Like I need one more thing to make from scratch!

2 comments:

Omelay said...

not to add to your work schedule but, we have this pasts maker http://fantes.com/marcato.htm . we got it from a garage sale so our cost to risk of use ratio was low. tabitha makes pasta every once in a while. the kids love it. from cranking the handle to mixing the dough. the kitchen aid attachments wouldn't be nearly as fun. i have been entertaining the idea of building a rube goldberg-esque contraption to attach it to our old mixers gearbox attachment. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rube_Goldberg

Ophelia said...

Danielle, I have the pasta attachment for my KitchenAid too! It is wonderful! I think my husband and I bought it when it was on a special clearance or discount. I actually don't use it as often as I would like, but it is there for the times I need it. I would definitely recommend it, if you really like pasta. Even though it takes more time to make the pasta, it is worth every minute. It can also be turned into a family affair, with each person doing a little something to help out, so you don't have to be the only one getting tired. :)

As for recipes, I just posted a recipe a couple of days ago on my blog. A bunch of friends have been asking me for the recipe for my hot potato salad, and so I finally managed to post it. Like you, I forget to take pictures, but I'm trying to take more pictures now too.